Revolving around an updated triggering system, the BRX 500/500 Softbox To Go Kit from Elinchrom is a versatile two-light lit comprising everything needed for basic lighting setups and wireless control. Beyond the two lights and EL-Skyport Plus wireless transmitter, this kit also includes one rectangular softbox, one octagonal softbox, a translucent deflector, a pair of light stands and light stand case, and a durable storage bag for the lights and light modifiers.
The BRX 500 is a portable, multi-voltage 500Ws monolight offering variable power control down to 31Ws along with a fast recycle time of 0.34 sec and flash duration of 1/1158 sec at full power for freezing fast-moving subjects. The light is also characterized by its integrated EL-Skyport receiver, which is compatible with the included EL-Skyport Transmitter Plus for wireless remote triggering and power control from up to 656' away. This transmitter allows you to trigger and set flash power for up to four groups, as well as an all groups setting, and 16 different channels, which are split between eight normal channels and eight hi-speed channels. A locking metal accessory shoe connector allows you to secure the transmitter directly to a camera, a top hot shoe and a 2.5mm sync port are available for directly connecting an additional strobe, and a swiveling design helps to improve reception for more direct transmission.
Elinchrom BRX 500 Monolight
The Elinchrom BRX 500 Monolight is packed with professional and convenience features you'd expect from a company of Elinchrom's caliber. Forget about tripping over PC cords. Although this head accepts one, it also has a built-in EL-Skyport Receiver with eight frequency channels that can handle four distinct groups of flashes. The optional transmitter not only allows you to trigger your flash at distances up to 393' but gives you control of power, on/off, modeling light functions and Speed Sync activation. Free software for Mac and PC computers is available with the transmitter, adding additional features such as Flash-Delay for strobing effects. Add an optional USB Wi-Fi module for computer control. You can even use specially designed apps that allow full remote control via your for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
The BRX 500 offers very fast recycling rates of 0.34- 1.45 seconds @ 115V with action-stopping flash durations of 1/1,558 sec. The auto-sensing, multi-voltage BRX 500 recognizes any AC power source from 90-260VAC, allowing you to use it anywhere in the world. Note: The head ships with a 115V modeling lamp. Swap it out for use in a nominal 230V environment.
- Built-in EL-Skyport receiver for triggering
- 8 Frequency channels with 4 groups
- EL-Skyport Speed Sync mode for synchronization up to a 1/320 sec. on enabled SLR cameras
- Pre-flash detector system to enable the use of BRX with speedlights
- Visual Flash Confirmation option. The modeling lamp comes on to confirm the flash has been triggered
- Proportional, maximum, minimum and independent adjustment of the modeling lamp
- Variable f-stop steps: 1/1, 5/10, 4/10, 3/10, 2/10 or 1/10 steps are available
- Programmable ready beep function
- Power Auto-dump
- Automatic temperature controlled ventilation
- Action flashtube for sharper images
- Multi-voltage auto-detection: 90-260VAC (excluding modeling lamp)
- 5V sync socket for maximum protection of digital cameras
- High impact resistant body shell
- Accessory bayonet allowing the complete range of light modifiers
- Rubberized handgrip with built-in fuse storage
- Take full control of your units settings with the EL-Skyport App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch via the optional Wi-Fi module
- Additional features such as Flash-Delay for strobing effects are available with the EL-Skyport Software
- Firmware update option
- Improved electronics for better performance
Elinchrom Portalite Softbox (26 x 26")
This Elinchrom Portalite Softbox (26 x 26") is usually sold as part of a D-Lite 4 or D-Lite 2 Monolight Kit. It has a flush-front diffuser that measures 26 x 26" (66 x 66 cm).
Elinchrom RQ Portalite Octa Softbox (22")
Dramatically soften the light from your Elinchrom Ranger Quadra flash head with this 22" RQ Portalite Octa Softbox. This octagonal-shaped softbox will produce round catchlights while producing a broad, wraparound light for your subject. It comes with the speedring for compatibility with Ranger Quadra heads. Additionally, it's compatible with the optional deflector system to allow you to use the Portalite as a beauty dish with or without the front diffuser.
Elinchrom Stand Kit with Case (7.7')
The 2 stands in this Elinchrom Stand Kit with Case are designed to support compact and standard flash heads. They have 5/8" top studs, and rise to a maximum height of 92.5" with a minimum height of 34.6". They will support up to 11 lb, and are stored and transported in the included nylon case with shoulder strap.
Elinchrom EL-Skyport Transmitter Plus
The EL-Skyport Transmitter Plus from Elinchrom is a wireless radio trigger with sixteen channels: 8 in normal and 8 in speed mode, with 4 discrete groups for different or sequentially triggered lighting setups at distances up to 656'. Channels 1, 3, and 7 are compatible with all enabled EL-Skyport units, while channels 1, 3, 7, 9, 12, 15, 18, and 20 are only compatible with the ELC Pro HD flash head and the ELB 400 battery pack system. A 2.5mm sync socket extends the transmitter's versatility to cameras without hot shoes or for hard-wired flash units. The EL-Skyport Transmitter Plus runs on easily sourced AA batteries. The transmitter does not come with batteries.
- Trigger reliably and adjust flash power up to 656' away
- 4 groups and all selection
- 16 different channels available (8 in Normal mode and 8 in Speed mode)
- Quick increase or decrease of the flash power per group with Elinchrom studio strobes with built-in Elinchrom radio receivers
- Metal hot-shoe connector with screw lock
- 2.5mm sync socket
- Normal and Speed sync mode (for leaf shutter cameras)
- All functions can be easily adjusted
- Reliable and consistent triggering
- Enhanced swivel function for improved reception
- Continued choices when setting up your strobes
- Multiple channels for more options when working with or in multiple setups
- Control light power at the camera
- No fussing with button batteries, uses AA batteries available everywhere
- Locking functionality while connected to your camera
- Flexibility of use with a 2.5mm sync socket